reisezielforum.de - das Forum für alle Fragen und Themen zu Urlaub, Reise und Ferien in alle L�nder von Europa, Amerika, Asien, Australien und Afrika

Navigation

» Portal
» Forum
   » OFF TOPIC
   » Europa
   » Asien
   » Nordamerika
   » Mittelamerika
   » Südamerika
   » Afrika & ...
   » Australien ...
   » Reisen weltweit
» Mitgliederliste
» FAQ
» Suchen
» Benutzergruppen
» Login
» Impressum
» Disclaimer

Login
Benutzername:

Passwort:

Erinnern

Ich habe mein Passwort vergessen!

Noch keinen Benutzer?
Du kannst dich kostenlos anmelden

Reiseinformationen

Reisefhrer und Reiseplaner

Hotels in Deutschland

Reisetipps
Übernachten Sie in einem Hotel in Paris und erkunden Sie die Stadt der Liebe.

Bookmarking

Diese Seite zu del.icio.us hinzufgen del.icio.us
Diese Seite zu Mister Wong hinzufgen Mister Wong
Diese Seite zu Google Bookmarks hinzufgen Google Bookmark

am with Bradley McDougald at strong safety. The

Neues Thema erffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Reiseforum für die Reise-Community Foren-bersicht -> Finnland
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nchstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
liny195
Reiseprofi

Beitrge: 78

BeitragVerfasst am: 26.09.2018, 10:01    Titel: am with Bradley McDougald at strong safety. The

Rod Brind’Amour helped deliver the greatest moment in Carolina Hurricanes’ history – a Stanley Cup championship.

His next challenge is to create more memorable moments as their coach.

The captain of the Hurricanes’ 2006 Cup-winning team has his first head coaching job in the NHL Thurman Thomas Jersey , taking the next step in a career arc that during the past 18 years has brought him from team leader all the way up the coaching ladder – and all with Carolina.

”It’s a job, but it’s not,” Brind’Amour said Wednesday. ”It means more to me.”

The Hurricanes gave Brind’Amour a three-year contract, with team owner Tom Dundon declining to discuss the financial terms. But Dundon did praise Brind’Amour for his willingness to put his reputation on the line while trying to things around. Carolina hasn’t made the playoffs since 2009, a nine-year drought that ranks among the longest in NHL history.

”He didn’t need the job,” Dundon said. ”He’s got a good life here, he’s well respected and the risk that he’s taking with his reputation and his legacy is real.”

The Hurricanes have changed coaches three times and general managers twice since their last postseason appearance. Another of the franchise’s greats – Hall of Fame player Ron Francis, like Brind’Amour a former team captain – was stripped of the GM’s job during the season and last week had his contract terminated.

Brind’Amour said Dundon and team president Don Waddell, who also added the title of general manager during the shake-up, have ”high expectations, which is huge.

”For whatever reason, our expectations have fallen a little bit here, and we need to raise those http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/blake-martinez-jersey ,” he added.

He also wants to raise the effort level from the players, pledging to push them in much the same way he pushed his teammates during his time as team captain.

”We have a lot of guys in that room that need to give more,” he said. ”I think there’s more there. … They didn’t produce the way they could produce. … We’re going to demand more from our players, at the end of the day, and I think they want that.”

That’s an approach that helped turn the Hurricanes into winners before, and now he wants to see if it will work again.

Brind’Amour came in Carolina in January 2000 in a trade with Philadelphia – and never left. He helped lead the Hurricanes to the Stanley Cup final in 2002, ascended to the captaincy before the 2005-06 season and ended that year by becoming the first Carolina player to hoist the Cup – in the process, creating the franchise’s signature image that remains on display throughout PNC Arena.

”There are guys that wear the C,” former teammate Aaron Ward said, ”and there are guys that ARE the C.”

The two-time Selke Award winner as the NHL’s best defensive forward retired in 2010 and ranks third in club history in assists (299), fourth in points (473) and fifth in games played (694). His post-playing career began in a front-office position – director of forwards development – but became an assistant coach in 2011, first for Paul Maurice, then Kirk Muller and Bill Peters – who opted out of the final year of his contract Josh Norman Jersey , creating the opportunity for Brind’Amour.

”I actually remember asking (then-GM Jim Rutherford) at the time, `Hey, put me upstairs with you,’ and he kept pushing me down” toward a future in coaching, Brind’Amour said. ”It’s the closest thing to playing. … You’re in the fight with the guys. I felt like it’s something I have a passion for, and the more I got into it … I wanted to take a chance on taking charge. I stuck my neck out, and here we are.”

More NHL coverage:

RENTON, Wash. (AP) — Locker No. 29 in the Seattle Seahawks locker room was once again occupied Wednesday after being vacant the entire offseason.

Earl Thomas was back after ending his lengthy holdout. His Instagram post on Wednesday morning announcing his return made it clear Thomas wasn’t happy or satisfied. But he was present, giving the Seahawks a major boost heading into the start of the regular season.

“He’s been with us for so long. He’s just been part of the fabric of what we’ve been about,” Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. “It’s an adjustment period as he jumps in with us right now and we’ll figure out how that works. … I don’t have any thought about what to share with you right now because we have to see what he does and how he feels and all that stuff, but it’s great to have him back.”

Thomas’ return to the Seahawks facility was a welcome moment for the team and ended a long offseason of drama centered on whether he would play out the final season of his contract, receive the contract extension he hoped for, or possibly be traded. Thomas’ reaction to the lack of a resolution was clear in his post: “The disrespect has been noted and will not be forgotten.”

He’s not happy John Riggins Jersey , but he wasn’t about to sacrifice a $500,000 game check or leave his teammates without one of their most important defensive leaders. Thomas wrote he’s never let his “teammates, city or fans down as long as I have lived and don’t plan to start this weekend.”

But he was quick to add he’s got plenty of good years remaining after his current contract expires.

“Father Time may have an undefeated record but best believe I plan on taking him into triple overtime when it comes to my career,” Thomas wrote.

Thomas did not speak with reporters Wednesday. Carroll would not commit to whether Thomas would play against Denver on Sunday in the opener. Seattle received a roster exemption from the league to allow Thomas to practice.

Not surprisingly, Thomas seemed to be universally embraced upon his return, both as the longest-tenured Seahawks player and for the on-field boost he can give to Seattle’s overhauled defense. Doug Baldwin said he ran up and gave Thomas a hug when he saw him in a team meeting. Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. joked he became a better coach.

Linebacker Bobby Wagner understood the dynamics of Thomas’ situation.

“I think football is football, business is business. That’s coach Carroll and John Schneider, that’s business,” Wagner said. “At the end of the day you can’t really hate a person for wanting to provide for his family. That’s how I look at it. He’s been playing at a high level, he wanted more money. That’s kind of on them.”

Thomas is a three-time first-team All-Pro and was the anchor for the Seattle defense that appeared in consecutive Super Bowls, winning the first. Aside from suffering a broken leg late in the 2016 season, Thomas has been a durable starter from the time he arrived in the league. He has missed just seven regular-season games in his career.

His holdout was based on seeking certainty for the long term. He asked for a trade if Seattle wasn’t willing to give him a contract extension. The idea of a trade, for now Leonard Floyd Jersey , was squashed by Carroll on Wednesday when he said: “He’s a Seahawk. He’s always been and will be one forever.”

The reality is Thomas will be an unrestricted free agent next spring just before his 30th birthday. In a post for The Players’ Tribune earlier this summer, Thomas wrote that he was shaken by the injuries suffered by Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor — two other members of Seattle’s “Legion of Boom” secondary — in a Thursday night game last season. Sherman ruptured his Achilles tendon, ending his season, and Chancellor suffered a neck injury. Sherman was released by Seattle in the offseason and signed with San Francisco. Chancellor — while not officially retired — is not expected to play again because of the injury.

Clearly, Thomas wants security, but he’s putting aside his desires for now.

With Thomas out, Seattle has used Tedric Thompson as its primary free safety. Thompson missed the final preseason game with a shoulder stinger and rib injury suffered a week earlier, but was in line to start the opener. If Thomas is ready to play, he’ll team with Bradley McDougald at strong safety. The pair played together for the latter half of last season following Chancellor’s injury.

“I feel like we figured it out pretty well,” McDougald said. “We ended up getting a good connection, a good relationship between us and I feel like we’re going to pick up where we left off.”

Womens Jeremy Kerley Jersey
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Google

Verfasst am:     Titel: Anzeige

Emma74
Reisender

Beitrge: 11

BeitragVerfasst am: 08.10.2018, 13:28    Titel:

Dank für die Informationen. wert zu lesen
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Beitrge der letzten Zeit anzeigen:   
Neues Thema erffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Reiseforum für die Reise-Community Foren-bersicht -> Finnland Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beitrge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beitrge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beitrge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beitrge in diesem Forum nicht lschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.